SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Joint and Allied LVC Integrator will:
- Support the operational and technical aspects of USAFE-AFAFRICA Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) theater integration.
- The Joint and Allied LVC Integrator will coordinate technical planning and engineering, and provide realistic simulation support for training exercises and mission rehearsals within USEUCOM and USAFRICOM, as well as the theaters’ Component Commands using JNTC Capabilities and LVC for USEUCOM, USAFRICOM, COCOM Components, NATO and Allies.
- He/she will recommend the purchase and operation of simulation related software, communications, computer and technical facility modifications required for LVC integration in USAFE-AFAFRICA.
- He/she will promote the interchange of information on exercise requirements, capabilities, deficiencies, and technology applications for the program.
- The LVC Integrator will analyze problems discovered in prior exercises or actual operations and advise higher levels of management on the feasibility of different approaches which provide a basis for better planning of operations.
- He/she will coordinate with the Joint Staff J7 JNTC Service liaison officer (LNO) and other action officers located in joint staff and HHQs.
- He/she will participate in training and exercise planning and development relating to LVC in the USAFE and AFAFRICA theaters.
- The LVC Integrator will implement and document LVC capabilities in USAFE theater events, and seek to incorporate such capabilities in order to improve WPC projects and plans.
- Effective USAFE-AFAFRICA LVC theater integration requires both operational and technical expertise in order to fully exploit theater LVC capabilities.
- He/she will successfully integrate existing theater LVC capabilities with emerging technologies and approaches, enhancing the fidelity and availability of theater LVC environments.
- The Integratorwill be able to successfully link WPC capabilities with theater Joint and Coalition LVC capabilities to support realistic warfighter training.
The following skills are required:
- LVC Modeling, Simulation Specialist, and Distributed Mission Operations experience.
- Prior operational weapons system qualification as rated or mission crewmember.
- Experience with Joint/Coalition exercise and training development and execution.
- Desired: Familiarity with Distributed Mission Training Development and Management.
- Developing Blended LVC Exercise and Training events.
- Joint/Allied exercise or training development and execution.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
A Secret (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) security clearance is required for this position.