SAIC is seeking a Satellite Database Engineer on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Lanham, MD.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
This is a senior system engineering position working with the Mission Operations Support team (MOST) on JPSS. Primary responsibilities include the following:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years or more of related experience.
- Must be able to pass a Government background investigation.
- Spacecraft subsystems or operations experience in operations or I&T.
- Previous experience/proficiency with tools/languages such as XML, Perl, etc.
- MS Office skills required