SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the U.S. Air Force Headquarters AF/A3TI, Operational Training Division at Joint Base Anacostia - Bolling, DC. The Exercise Oversight SME will:
- Facilitate HAF-level development and execution of the Air Force Exercise Enterprise.
- The Position will have the following priorities:
- Assist the government in the development of annual senior leader guidance on the planning, execution and assessment of AF exercises,
- Coordinate with MAJCOMs to determine readiness shortfalls and exercise requirements,
- Answer AF senior leader, MAJCOM, CJCS, and congressional inquiries concerning the participation of AF forces in Service, Joint, coalition, and Combatant Command exercises,
- Assist with the execution and product development of the Exercise Coordination Working Group,
- Coordinate and staff the approval of an annual Master Exercise Calendar Memorandum of Agreement,
- Provide assessments concerning AF exercises to senior leaders.
The following skills are required:
- Experience with AF operations in either air, space, or cyber domain. Experience in AF, Joint and Coalition exercise planning, execution and assessment.
- Understanding of unit readiness reporting and readiness requirements to meet Mission Essential Tasks (METS) and OPLAN preparedness.
- Experience with multi-domain and multi-functional interoperability and training requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with disparate organizations and develop strategies to accomplish AF-wide initiatives.
- Experience with HAF-level and MAJCOM coordination processes, policy development, and strategic communications at a senior leader level.
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
- A Secret security clearance is required for this position.