SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer will:
- The Contractor shall support all permanent party and exercise core services or comparable technology with both Windows and Linux software platforms in accordance with WPC projects, exercise plans and designs.
- The Contractor shall create standard operating procedures, maintenance checklists, monitor all performance and functionality of classified and unclassified networks, and provide accurate elevation drawings.
- Windows Server Operations: The Contractor shall support Microsoft-based operating systems, Virtual Servers, and LAN technologies, as well as the integration of specialized applications for permanent party, local exercise, and remote exercise use for all events.
- Events refer to all activities that require M&S services or support to include: exercises; mission rehearsals; threat, functional, operational and integration tests; and training missions.
- Identify and submit innovative M&S solutions to enhance existing capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following skills are required:
- 10 years' experience, DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certification (Security + certification) required.
- Possess and maintain current Microsoft server administration certification.
- Must have experience working in a distributed environment using both DIS and HLA protocols, and must possess in-depth knowledge of Windows and/or Linux system administration and scripting.
- Experience developing engineering network solutions and technical diagrams, as well as providing port and protocol information for specified systems.
- Experience working in a virtual computing environment.
- Desired Familiarity with the following: Microsoft Windows environment, UNIX, and Linux.
- Experience with Hyper convergence technology, VMWare, VDI zero client architecture. Familiar with layer 2 and layer 3 networking devices (switches/routers), software engineering principles and programming.
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
A Secret (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) secuity clearance is required for this position.