full-time part-time employee contract
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a MariaDB/MySQL DBA, you will perform a variety of business-critical tasks, such as deployment of new databases; management of security accounts and implementation of database alterations, upgrades, and migrations.
* Perform operational maintenance of the global database landscape
* Design, deploy and manage databases and data stores
* Design and implement highly-available, scalable database systems
* Design, implement and test backup, restore and archive plans
* Monitor and optimize databases, data stores and data models
* Hands-on, in-depth experience with MariaDB (especially knowledge of InnoDB)
* Proficiency with the Linux command line, systems administration, and shell scripting
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
* Non-structured data stores
* Cloud-based MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL services on AWS/GCP
* Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
* Master High Availability (MHA)
* Galera Cluster
* MariaDB audit plugin
* ANSI SQL and T/SQL stored procedures
The firm is a Trading Firm with an excellent name on the market. The firm is big on their employees expressing opinions and being creative along with a very passionate and proud working environment.
* Full time
* Remote until further notice
* Visa transfers available