PSAB: Pest Controller (Secret Clearance)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Pest Controller is responsible to performs integrated pest management functions and conducts pest management surveys as well as determines pest management actions needed to control and prevent infestations of plant and animal pests. The pest controller will also interact and coordinates with medical activities to control health hazards and will complete required reports and tasks in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Inspects buildings, land, and surroundings for infestation. Sprays chemicals, lays poisonous bait, sets mechanical traps, or any other needed treatment to fix pest problems.
- May clean areas that harbor pests to prepare area for fumigation.
- Ensures all work locations have an effective Integrated Pest Management plan in place and adequate inventories.
- Makes certain that customer satisfaction is achieved with services provided.
- Under direct supervision, performs routine assigned tasks from instructions, established guidelines, and procedures.
- Possesses knowledge and skills to use a multitude of different equipment to eliminate pests using QHSE guidelines.
- May perform light to heavy duties related to treatment, casing, and removal of harmful pests.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum 2 years licensed pest control experience required.
- Preferred USAF AFSC 3E4X3 Pest Management or another similar Military/DOD MOS
- Completion of USAF AFSC 3E4X3 Pest Management or other equivalent DOD school is highly desired.
- Applicant must have a valid DoD Certification with Categories 6, 7 and 8; or a valid states Certified Applicators License with the DoD equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Experience delivering DOD BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) or similar work in an overseas or contingency environment. USAF experience is Highly Desired.
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player.
- Computer skills include a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.