SAIC is seeking seasoned Ground Systems Engineers on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo
These positions are classified and support SMC’s portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority that includes space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
Ideal candidates will have experience providing technical support and managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle of operational and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems
Qualified applicants must have a current/active Top Secret SCI with a current background investigation within five (5) years and consent to a polygraph examination.
- Performs systems engineering activities related to developing and deploying a system architecture
- Performs assessment of development contractor design, provides oversight to development contractor development efforts, manages development operations (DevOps) capabilities, performs requirements decomposition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation aligns with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership
- Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate “commander’s intent” and priorities
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders
- Ensures the functional decomposition of requirements into total systems solutions to meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, develops and manages trade studies
- Must be able to translate customer capability needs into technical requirements
- BS Degree and a minimum of 9-14+ years of related ground satellite systems engineering experience with solid understanding of full life cycle development, integration and test.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office
- Active TS/SCI clearance and willingness to consent to a polygraph examination
Salary will be commensurate with experience level
- Advanced Degree
- Agile software development
- DevOps DoD
- Space Acquisition and Program Management Experience
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Ability to use Matlab and/or AGI STK and Toolkits