The SAIC National Security Group is seeking candidates to join our team in support of the Chief Data Officer (CDO) at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). The ODNI CDO reports directly to the ODNI CIO and is responsible for establishing the agency’s data governance and data architecture in order to provide high quality, discoverable data that can be combined, analyzed and used in compliance with law and policy. To support successful execution of these efforts the ODNI CDO requires expertise in relevant current and future data governance and data architecture capabilities. SAIC is actively seeking a Systems Engineer to provide on-site support to the ODNI CDO’s mission.
The successful candidate must quickly develop a broad understanding of the ODNI CDO’s initiatives. They must project a professional demeanor, utilizing oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills are important as this position requires working with and getting buy-in from senior professional staff, mid- to high-level government leadership within the ODNI. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to take the initiative on tasks supporting the ODNI CDO.
Additionally, the candidate may be involved in the evaluation and recommendation of commercial and open-source tools for large-scale data systems providing high availability, geographic diversity, and low latency. They will also formulate design patterns for mapping data to different technologies (RMDBs, analytic appliances, in-memory caches, distributed NoSQL solutions, etc.) based on data security, update frequency, access volume, and performance requirements. The candidate must be capable of detailed technical writing, effective visual presentations, and verbal communication with peers and senior management.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide recommendations regarding data governance
- Contribute to the development of ODNI data policy, data guidance, and data strategies in accordance with federal directives and laws, and IC policies and strategies
- Review and comment on IC data policy, data guidance, and data strategies
- Contribute to the development of a Common Data Model for platforms such as ServiceNow
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a data standards governance processes
- Contribute to data standards, related to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft 365/Azure, and ServiceNow
- Provide data related recommendations to ODNI working groups, teams, and fora
- Serve as an ODNI CDO representative at IC-wide and Federal Government meetings as needed
- Prepare technical implementation road maps to support the evolution of existing capabilities
- Evaluate exiting data solutions and provide recommendations for improvements
- Identify, vet, and create business cases for data solutions such as Azure Purview, Informatica, Collibra, and KNIME
- Contribute to technical recommendations regarding on data analytics, computing techniques, and technologies
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in a single Intelligence Community element with a total of five years of experience supporting multiple IC agencies
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of current IC/DoD standards program and associated governance
- Familiarity with Data Management methodologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with, or the ability to develop a working knowledge of, data related disciplines, including:
- data governance,
- data architecture,
- the data management lifecycle,
- data standards development, governance, and implementation practices;
- Familiarity with, or the ability to develop a working knowledge of technologies such as RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL, XML, JSON, Azure, AWS, Microsoft 365, and Azure
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and lead tasks
- Ability to work with short-notice requirements and fluid priorities
- Self-starter who requires little or no direction or supervision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; specific experience interacting with senior government or commercial leadership
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel locally within the Washington DC Metropolitan area (minimal)
- Previous work experience with an office of the Chief Data Officer within the IC;
- 10 years combined government or commercial experience in the data governance and data architecture disciplines;
- Experience developing and employing taxonomies and ontologies;
- Familiarity with data lifecycle management software solutions;
- Possess a data management certification such as the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) or the Data Governance and Stewardship Professional (DGSP);
- Possess a Master’s degree in a technical field;
- Recent experience performing in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) role.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.