We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the Iron Bow Healthcare Group, development team. The successful candidate will assist with the design and development of new Telemedicine solutions for the healthcare industry for applications such as remote diagnostics, consultation and patient monitoring.
The products developed by the team are primarily hardware-based, incorporating audio/video compression technologies from companies such as Cisco and Poly (formerly Polycom) as well as commercial PC platform solutions for operation with software applications from Vidyo, Pexip, Zoom and suchlike.
The successful candidate will be self-motivating and ideally with a background in audio/visual integration as well as commercial videoconferencing.
The position is based in Chantilly, Virginia with minimal travel required.
- Mechanical, electrical, and electronic system design
- Prototype assembly and testing
- Core product research, identification, testing, and ascertaining suitability for an application
- Ongoing testing and verification of new software releases with bug reporting
- Project planning on new developments and system upgrades
- Creation of technical documentation, including:
- Design documents
- Assembly documents
- Internal technical training documents
- Base user documentation
- Technical notes for internal service personnel
- Overseeing and assisting with assembly and testing of new products in conjunction with manufacturing team management
- Assisting with complex client issues in conjunction with the services team, as required
- 5 + years of relevant experience, bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a related field
- Proficient in AutoCAD, preferably 3D
- An accomplished user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with the creation of technical documentation and process management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to develop and execute against strategic goals and initiatives
- Ability to prioritize requirements and meet deadlines
ADVANTAGEOUS SKILL SETS:
- Familiarity with Cisco and Poly videoconferencing products desirable
- C++ Programming or similar languages
- Familiarity with UL / FCC certification procedures
- Experience with virtual care/telehealth technologies highly desired
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.