Iron Bow Technologies in search of a bright, energetic, and eager-to-learn junior security engineer to join our infrastructure support team. His/her responsibilities will include collaboratively designing, consulting, supporting, and implementing security best practices, processes, and procedures for Iron Bow's internal operational infrastructure.
Iron Bow's new junior security engineer will also participate in ongoing security assessments, work with others to ensure adherence to compliance frameworks, help identify threats to the company's employees, and be a part of a team preparing and defining Iron Bow's IT security posture for tomorrow.
- Participate in the design, implementation, ownership, and support of the organization's security methodologies and toolsets.
- Focus on security for the cloud, network, desktop, systems and server infrastructures across all supported deployed technologies.
- Help evaluate risk and perform vulnerability assessments and provide recommended action.
- Participate in the continued maturation of IT's VMP effort.
- Drive change when and where necessary with a sense of urgency.
- Monitor vendor security bulletins and assess applicability to Iron Bow's infrastructure.
- Help evaluates current systems, processes, and policies and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Monitors the IT infrastructure to ensure availability, security, and performance.
- Daily support and maintenance of technologies to maintain the Iron Bow's effective and robust security posture.
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, and support to junior level staff.
- You think security, you eat security, you sleep security, all with a healthy level of paranoia balanced in practical reality.
- You're not afraid to get your hands dirty, or mud on your boots.
- You've got 2+ years of relevant experience, along with a bachelor's degree with a focus on computer security or related fields.
- A strong ability and desire to diagnose, investigate and evaluate security incidents.
- CCNA or CCSP or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience creating test plans and conducting evaluations and/or prototyping.
- Experience with performing vulnerability/risk analysis using industry-standard security tools such as Nessus, Rapid-7, Splunk, WireShark and Snort.
- Basic working knowledge in supporting Cisco and F5 security solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and have experience with, Multi-Factor Authentication and OTT enterprise networking (e.g. VPN tunneling)
- Willingness to maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members of all levels.
- Self-starter and skilled with managing time effectively while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to self-prioritize projects and operational responsibilities.
- Participation in Change Management process Ã¢Â?Â? submit, review, and implement changes as required.
- Provide after-hours support for maintenance, upgrades, and operational support of a production infrastructure.
- Some local travel within the DC/MD/VA area may be occasionally required.
- Experience with network security solutions such as Cisco ISE.
- Experience with F5 Big-IP devices.
- Experience with dense and complex virtualized environments.
- Experience with ISO-27001 and similar security frameworks.
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud services and associated networking and collaboration and integration with O365 products.
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.