Sr. Electronics Technician
KBR is seeking a Sr. Electronics Technician to be part of a dynamic and diverse team, with a common goal of improving the world responsibly and safely. At KBR, we create value and drive innovation by combining engineering, technical and scientific expertise with our full life cycle capabilities, mission knowledge and future-focused technologies. We are looking for a team oriented and motivated individual to join us in servicing the Department of the Defense.
*Sign On Bonus: $1,500*
- Performs a variety of complex technical duties including the fabrication, assembly, test, troubleshooting, analysis, evaluation, modification, and operation of complex electrical and electronic circuits and equipment in support of RF systems.
- Develops test plans and procedures, performs tests, and analyzes test data for validity.
- Perform system or component analysis.
- Develop deliverable end products from engineering documentation and drawings.
- Complex repairs including replacement of components parts based on troubleshooting results.
- Fabricates prototype and assembles complex components.
- Perform cable fabrication and integration of equipment into larger systems.
- Assists in design activities by compiling data related to the design, technical specifications and components materials needed for finished units.
- Utilize AUTOCAD to perform design changes and updates.
- Performs research on parts or equipment as required to assist engineering staff.
- Gathers information on parts or equipment concerning previous operational failures and modifications. May compile system documentation on completed units to include test reports, installation and assembly documentation.
- Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Ten (10+) years of experience with satellite communication systems including controllers, positioners, RF sub systems and components, antennas, receivers and frequency conversion units.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Understand all shop procedures, techniques, and RF/electrical technology.
- Experience in test and troubleshoot using RF measurement equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
- Knowledgeable in the use of computerized test equipment.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.