CGI Group, Inc.
full-time part-time employee contract
CGI Federal is looking for an Application Architect who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. The Application Architect will provide technology road maps, architectural governance and general advice to the internal project teams, the client and other stakeholders. This individual will be responsible for all technical components of the project and will ensure the system is compatible and in compliance with the Client's enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Knowledge with online applications, Oracle databases, electronic file interfacing, and knowledge and experience with J2EE platforms
• Strong experience in developing system requirements using analysis of the business requirements;
• Strong experience in designing the technical architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
• Extensive experience in providing supervision and direction to the technical resources and architects in the team while being able to interact with the Client staff on a frequent and ongoing basis
• Solid understanding and experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications on premise or in the Cloud environments
• Solid experience with conducting system design activities and reviews of detailed application module specifications, classes, objects, methods, and other software components
• Experience with influencing decision makers on technology investment - current and future
• Solid experience with reviewing and assuring Solution Designs produced both internally and by other contractors
• Solid experience with identifying impacts of new technology into the technology landscape of the project
• Knowledge of CMS XLC methodologies, CMS IT infrastructure framework, CMS Technical Reference Model, operating environment, and infrastructure toolsets
• Knowledge in operations of multi-platform, multi-tool environments
• Experience with facilitating and leading design sessions with internal team and the Client
• Capable of scrutinizing change requests to determine the magnitude of work done and estimating the level of effort
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5+ years of experience in Application Architecture and experience in J2EE platforms
5+ years years of experience in software development
10+ Experience in full SDLC including development, testing, implementation, delivery and operations support
Understanding of Java EE and Web application development
Understanding of n-tier application design, SOA design and implementation
Working knowledge of Oracle and RDBMS in general
Bachelor's degree in related field
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Ability to work both with a team and independently
Effective and efficient time management and multi-tasking
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox atUS_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.