SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (RDTE-21-0232-F):
Bowhead seeks a System Administrator to join their growing team. The System Administrator will provide classified and unclassified Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation (RDT&E) Desktop support for H department office, basic network support (e.g. port activations), Department wide security scanning (ACAS), Department conference room support, Department wide JWICS support. When necessary provide security escort and/or coordination for specific zones where Department support is requested. Work with the Help Desk; but also with various Department Points of contacts as needed to resolve customer problems.
• Must have demonstrated ability to produce system specifications, design requirements, test evaluation planning documents, and technical publications and reports.
• Requires strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
• Must be experienced in Windows Active Directory infrastructure administration to include Group Policy Objects management.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task while being meticulous.
• DOD 8570 IAT level II certification is required (i.e., CompTIA Security+ce).
• Scripting knowledge is a plus, with PowerShell, PowerCLI or another language.
• Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) networking and security accreditation requirements such as Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
• Address requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) package.
• Work independently as well as in a support environment to meet deadlines while simultaneously performing multiple tasks.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: