Supervise work crews on various miscellaneous projects under the supervision of the Miscellaneous Projects Superintendent. Responsible for supervision, direction, and safety of work crews during the construction process.
• Responsible for supervision, direction and safety of work crews.
• Read and interpret plans and specifications, read and correct shop drawings and utilize/maintain project schedule.
• Adherence to the UICC Policies and Procedures including Shareholder employment opportunities.
• Maintain worker safety and an accident free work environment in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Perform Quality Control functions
• Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Ability to be responsible for supervision, direction and safety of work crews in all aspects of commercial construction.
• Understanding of pile installation, survey pile points, framing, insulation and vapor barrier installation.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, read and correct shop drawings and utilize/maintain project schedule.
• Ability to administer the UICC Policies and Procedures including Shareholder employment opportunities.
• Must be committed to worker safety and an accident free work environment and in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Ability to perform Quality Control functions
• Perform independently without direct supervision
• Ability to operate construction equipment, such as forklifts and loaders.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Have punctual and on time work history.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• High School Diploma/or equivalent
• Minimum of twelve (10) years of construction experience with 4 years as a foreman.
• Strenuous walking, standing, and/or climbing, heavy lifting and carrying.
• Working on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, working on ladders and scaffolding.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating materials.
• Loud noises, and/or extremes of heat or cold.
• The work often requires wearing protective gear that may be uncomfortable.
• The nature of the work environment may produce moderate levels of stress.
• Work environment is that of a construction site.
• May be working in close proximity to moving equipment.