***Must be member of Local Union 302 or 341***
Oversee all types of craft workers onsite on a fast paced construction project. Primary duties will include leading construction crews and perform construction, rehabilitating highways, installing culverts, excavation activities, traffic control, and coordinating with miscellaneous subcontractors. This includes but is not limited to, clearing, grubbing, pavement planning, excavation, aggregate installation, asphalt, culvert installation, guardrail, signs, geotextile, swppp, traffic control, and striping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reading plans and specifications, subcontractor contracts, shop drawings, submittals, and project schedules without supervision.
• Coordinate with owner’s rep, project managers, foreman, craft labor, and subcontractors to solve field problems.
• Use and understand survey equipment to establish and maintain vertical and horizontal control throughout construction.
• Understand and participate as an active member of health and safety program.
• Insure project and activities are completed in accordance with project specifications and plans.
• Able to manage both labor and equipment resources.
• Respectfully and effectively communicate with owner representatives, inspectors, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
• Supervise and perform duties and operation of tools of the trade in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Conduct safety meetings and perform JHA’s when needed.
• Strong communication skills.
• Required onsite presence every day.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must have comprehensive working knowledge of heavy civil construction with 10 + years of experience.
• Must be able to manage a jobsite with multiple employees and specialty trade subcontractors.
• Must be able to interpret specifications in blueprints, sketches, or plans to prepare project layout and determine necessary resources required.
• Must be able to plan resources and lead teams with both laborers and operators to complete projects in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Must have basic knowledge of related construction activities, i.e., surveying, cut/fill, excavation, borrow, aggregates, culvert installation, signs, striping, etc.
• Ability to operate basic construction equipment, such as forklifts and loaders.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Not been terminated within the past 6 months of employment with UIC or its family of companies.
• Work well with in a team setting
• Must be able to have good motion of range for body and limbs
• Be able to reach in all directions
• Handle and manipulate objects and material
• Min 10-15 years of Lead/General Foreman Experience in Heavy Highway Construction Projects.
• Must have comprehensive working knowledge of Heavy Highway Construction.
• 10+ years of Alaska heavy civil construction experience.
• Must possess and maintain current driver’s license.
• Must have a punctual work history.
• Must have a high school diploma or Equivalent
• First Aid Certification
• OSHA-10 Certification