CABLE WIRE HARNESS MANUFACTURING - ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN MAINTENANCE I
This position is primarily manufacturing cable wire harness.
The Electronics Technician Maintenance I applies basic technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions, performs such tasks as replacing components, wiring circuits, repairing simple electronic equipment; and taking test readings using common instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, and oscilloscopes. This person works under close supervision receiving technical guidance from supervisor or higher-level technician. Work is checked frequently for accuracy.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Cable wire harness manufacturing
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must be motivated to perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one-three (1-3) years’ experience in the position applied for (referenced above).
• Must have a good working knowledgeable of Army regulations; systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and gain access to military installations.
• The position is on a federal military installation. Candidates/employees will need to drive onto the military installation to gain access to the respective building for their position.
• Experience working at Letterkenny Army Depot highly desired.
• Must have general computer knowledge. Working knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, word processing software and MS Office Suite is a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is:
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and/or hear and taste and/or smell.
• Frequently required to stand and/or walk and routinely required to reach with hands and arms.
• Routinely required to stand, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or squat.
• Frequently lifts and /or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds.
• Often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling and positioning parts assemblies and equipment.
• Frequently lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks hoists and cranes.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must obtain or maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Securing and maintaining a Common Access card (CAC) is a requirement for all positions at this location.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of the minimum standards an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Grooming and dress code will be in keeping with Company and customer’s standards. The work environment varies and includes, but is not limited to; office space, equipment rooms, warehouse space, construction zones, field conditions, and outdoor environments. Work hours may fluctuate outside of normal duty hours. Travel is not anticipated for this position. If travel is required, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and three (3) years’ clean driving record for this position. Employee must complete required driver’s training and follow all Authorized Driver policies and procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.