SOFTWARE ENGINEER (E20-21-0229-F) :
Bowhead seeks an individual with C++, Java, and Linux experience to support rapid software development and real-time critical application design. The individual will develop, update, and maintain software associated with modified Naval fire control systems. The position will interface with systems engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, code, and develop documented solutions.
• Provide software development, modification, production and maintenance of software based gun weapon systems.
• Derive system requirements from existing systems and sponsor statements of work.
• Work closely across software engineers to develop and test rapid prototype systems using an Agile development method.
• Support and develop test procedures to test system functionality and generate software troubleshoot reports.
• Prepare documentation and support configuration management guidelines.
• Occasional travel to White Sands Missile Range and Yuma Proving Grounds for system demonstrations and tests.
• A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Six (6) years professional technical experience which includes at least four (4) years specialized experience performing computer hardware engineering, software design, coding and compilation of code; computer or software requirements management, computer systems or software integration; and utilizing systems engineering software tools.
• Experience related to weapons systems and/or Navy programs and C/C++, Java, Unix, and Linux.
• Experience with JavaFX, GitLab/GitHub, and unit testing preferred.
• Continuous Integration experience including code coverage, static/dynamic analysis, and automated build processes preferred.
• Specialized experience shall also include demonstrated ability to engineer complex systems with integrated software and hardware solutions.
• Ability to work with others in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment to meet established goals and program schedules.
• Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
• Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply