Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Watch Officer/Network Monitor to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia to help provide 24/7/365 mission support to a variety of system applications and networks directly involved with the security of the United States.
Candidates will work to provide Tiered support to a multitude of customer systems, in a fast faced, team-centric environment. Candidates can expect to receive training to provide base Tier 1, and eventually, Tier 2 IT support; directly interact with multiple customers; work closely with Network, Integration, Software Engineers; as well as learn several System Administration duties. You must be able to remotely monitor and analyze systems, document network anomalies, apply basic troubleshooting techniques, operate in multiple OS computer environments, and have a basic network background.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Remotely monitor and troubleshoot multiple systems across a worldwide enterprise network
• Document problems in trouble tickets, provide system status updates to the community and log system events
• Create daily status reports and examining metrics to ensure all system performance requirements meet or exceed customer expectations
• Interact with system and network engineers, integrators, and system developers to understand minimum operating requirements, as well as make regular contact with customers and system developers in reporting problems and implementing resolutions to anomalies
** Upon acceptance, internal training will be provided after which a level 1 network monitor certification test will be given and must be passed within 90 days of starting on the program. Additional training and a level 2 certification are also available for those individuals seeking greater responsibility and interaction with the customer, engineers, and developers of these network systems.
• Minimum of 5 years' professional experience
• High School Diploma/GED
• Ability to work on a 12-hour panama schedule
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Experience utilizing Windows Operating Systems
• Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to successfully complete the above-mentioned 90-Day Level 1 Certification
• A strong interest in technical fields such as or Information Technology, System or Network Engineering, or Hardware Integration.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Remain in a stationary position 50%.
• Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Often position oneself to maintain computers in the lab including under the desks and in the server closet.
• Frequently communicate with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.