Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Senior Systems Administrator II support the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available server technology solutions (systems, applications, and services) as the customer’s Enterprise IT Systems Applications, and services catalogs.
Under the guidance of the Principal Systems Administrator, the Senior SA primarily provides O&M support – installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning – to the customer’s enterprise IT cross domain solution (CDS) which allows for the access to Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS) and Operational Domains from a single workstation, backed by AIS SecureView. This complex client-server solution requires the Senior SA to be knowledgeable and capable of administering a combination of Microsoft Windows and Linux based platforms.
Secondary duties and responsibilities include working alongside IT O&M Server team members to provide O&M support to existing server-based solutions which across a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Ersi, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds. The majority of these enterprise managed services are hosted on enterprise Microsoft Windows Server platforms, but there are also Linux distributions as well.
The Senior SA will support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges primarily in the CDS domain. However, the goal for the Senior SA is to extend their support to both Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) platforms as time and resources are available.
The Senior SA works closely with the customer’s IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Senior Network Engineer as well as the O&M Networking team to ensure that the CDS-based networking devices and components are implemented, setup and maintained within optimal and required configurations to continue to provide the most secure operating environment possible.
The Senior SA contributes to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the customer’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system lifecycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.) and server applications and services across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience specifically related to providing O&M to Multi-Level Security (MLS) and/or CDS implementations, integrations, accreditations, and operations.
- Shall have 3 or more years of hands-on experience working with Linux-based platforms. Specific experience with RHEL 6 and/or 7 is a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience of having a strong understanding of core IT Networking protocols, including but may not be limited to, SSH, SCP, FTP, SSL, PKI, VPN, SNMP, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- Shall possess GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Security+ Continuing Education (CE) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) to meet the minimum credential requirements for Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
- Strongly desired to be at least Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certified. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is most desired.
- Strongly desired to be Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified UNIX Security Administrator (GCUX) and/or GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN) certified.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified: Modem Desktop Administrator Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 10 certified.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016 certified.
- Strongly desired to have experience working with Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 enterprise desktop offerings as clients within virtual, and ideally specifically CDS, implementations. Experience with enterprise Windows Server 2012 or newer is also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell on Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine, as well as complex, O&M duties and responsibilities, with a focus on maximizing efficiency, consistency, and minimizing the subsequent human error factor of related tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with performing hardware and software system validation testing and validation of software and functional testing as it relates directly to Authorization and Accreditation of CDSs.
- Demonstrated experience with the ability to use troubleshooting, critical thinking, and analytical expertise and approaches to overcome networking, hardware, system, configuration, filtering, scripting, and setup issues to achieve successful implementation and integration results.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs) is a plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise Microsoft server-based applications, such as Exchange, IIS, SQL, SharePoint, etc. and/or services, such as Active Directory (AD) and Domain Naming Service (DNS) is a plus.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support of Red Hat Satellite to centrally administer RHEL platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with providing O&M support to Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) configurations are a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE), and VirusScan Enterprise for Storage (VSES) for the purpose of satisfying IA/INFOSEC end-point anti-virus, threat, firewall, and web control is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using the SolarWinds Orion Platform (NPM, NTA, NCM, IPAM, UDT, NTM, DPA, SAM, etc.) for the purpose of enterprise-wide centralized entity performance, configuration, capacity, and availability monitoring is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experiencing providing server and/or desktop O&M support within Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations are desired. Specific experience working with Citrix XenDesktop hosted offerings is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT Networking technologies, concepts, and approaches to routing and switching, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, packet capturing and analysis, and traffic flow is a plus.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.