ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (UIC-21-0367-F):
UIC is seeking a temporary Administrative Assistant to provide high level administrative support to the UIC Foundation and UIC Stock Department while also providing direct support to the Director of Stock and UIC Foundation as well as other executive board members.
UIC believes our strongest assets are our wisdom, our strength, and our people. Serving others is an honor: it is our responsibility to serve the people. Join the UIC Stock department in making a difference in the lives of our Iñupiat Shareholders and Descendants.
Essential functions supporting the Stock Department will include but not be limited to:
• Creating and distributing communications content for the 48th Annual Shareholder Meeting
• Assisting in preparations for the executive level presentations, reports and briefings for committee and board meetings
• Working to enhance existing communication processes by drafting, editing and formatting information into professionally written formats including memos, emails and letters and generating PDF fillable documents as requested
• Assisting with the development of communication strategies and campaigns by collaborating with the Stock Director to produce print and digital communication materials (drafting newsletter articles, informational pamphlets, postcards, flyers, social media posts)
• Creating content for social media as a professional communications tool
• Updating Stock applications, forms, and documents while maintaining the Stock Department’s supply inventory for Shareholder mail outs
• Organizing and maintaining the Stock Department’s office filing system which includes both physical and digital files
Essential functions supporting the UIC Foundation (UICF) will include but not be limited to:
• Creating and developing fundraising content
• Assisting in the processing of scholarship applications, notification letters, and check requests
• Arranging UICF meetings by preparing the agenda and recording meeting minutes
• Screening and properly directing UICF phone calls, emails and written communications
• Updating UICF applications, forms, and documents.
• Supporting positive communications with key constituencies including donors, alumni, students, volunteers and other partners
• Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
• A High School Diploma or equivalent is required at a minimum however some post-secondary coursework is preferred in addition to at least three (3+) years of experience providing administrative support in a professional office environment
• Must be a UIC Shareholder, Descendant or Spouse to be considered for this position and qualified candidates must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the Inupiat culture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to read, write and speak the English language
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and possess a demonstrable ability to learn quickly and pay attention to detail while understanding the big picture
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
Link to Apply: