PSAB: Plumber (Water and Fuels Systems)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Plumber/Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance Technician is responsible to maintain, inspect, and repairs plumbing, water, wastewater, fire suppression and backflow prevention systems, and components. in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman or General Foreman.
- Installs, services, and repairs all facets of plumbing from water heaters, urinals, toilets and shower units.
- Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to lower level craftsmen and may reassign work delegated from supervisor.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes in support of construction and maintenance activities.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters and pipe-threading machines.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Knowledge of water heaters, pop-off valves or relief valves, and heating elements related to water heaters.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs to establish the sequence of pipe installations and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3+ years experience as a licensed plumber delivering DOD BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) or similar work in an overseas or contingency environment.
- Working knowledge of plumbing fuel lines to include Forward Area Refueling Points (FARPs).
- Preferred USAF AFSC 3E4X1 Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance experience
- Completion of USAF AFSC 3E4X1 Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance or other equivalent DOD school is highly desired
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Working knowledge of the plumbing trade including the installation, repair and maintenance of hot and cold water lines, sewer pipe, soil pipe, traps and appliances such as water closets, lavatories, urinals, showers and tubs.
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player.
- Computer skills include a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.