SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support system architecture user and system requirements definition, formulating system specifications in accordance with applicable standards, ensuring user and system requirements and specifications are met during the design. The Software Engineer will perform design, coding, installation and maintenance of systems while fully considering security of the software and systems, develop test requirements, test plans, and execute testing to verify system design and performance. Additionally, the Software Engineer will ensure proper system maintenance and maintain adequate software system documentation, prepare software system architecture models, specifying detailed operations performed by the computer software, and monitor and assess the performance of the agile software engineering teams. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Assess user and system requirements and determines the best overall system architecture.
- Assist in the design the overall system, including formulating system specifications in accordance with applicable standards, working with the software engineering team ensure that user requirements and specifications are met in the design of software systems.
- Ability to design, code, install, and maintains systems, including the ability to establish test requirements, plans, and execute testing to verify system design and performance; ensure system maintenance and maintain adequate software systems documentation.
- Prepare software system architectures and models to specify detailed operations to be performed by computer software.
- Ability to assess the performance of software engineering teams, using an agile approach.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience with a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field from a recognized accredited ABET program
- Excellent knowledge of database technology (e.g. SQL, No SQL, etc.)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Experience in/familiarity with DevOps or DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in/familiarity with cloud native applications and micro-services
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.