Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Senior Systems Administrator II - Generalist supports the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Server team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available, server technology solutions (systems, applications, and services) as the customer’s Enterprise IT System, Applications, and Services catalogs.
Under the guidance of the Principal Systems Administrator, the Senior Systems Administrator will provide O&M support – installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning – as it relates to enterprise server-based solutions across the IT enterprise’s multi-platform (Microsoft, *nix, etc.) information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.). Existing server-based solutions include a variety of major technology vendors including, but not limited to, Citrix, Esri, McAfee, Microsoft, Red Hat, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds. The majority of enterprise services are hosted on enterprise Microsoft Windows Server implementations, but there are also select stand-ups of Linux distributions as well. A wide and deep range of technical knowledge and experience, as well as the technical aptitude and self-initiative to learn and grow is strongly recommended for this position.
The Senior Systems Administrator also supports the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) for the Server O&M team providing troubleshooting support and guidance to assess and remediate challenges in the Server System, Application, and Services in a timely manner that arise.
The Senior Systems Administrator also contribute to the production and maintenance documentation of the Server team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the customer’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
- Shall have 5 or more years of hands-on experience providing O&M support of enterprise server operating systems (OSs) (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.) and server applications and services, such as Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Exchange, File Services, SQL Server, and SharePoint, etc. across multi-platform information systems varying in size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Shall have 3 or more years of personal and hands-on experience managing and administering a complete Microsoft AD Domain and Forest Functional Level (DFL/FFL) of Windows Server 2008 R2, or higher, to include, but not be limited to, Domain Controllers, Global Catalogs, LDAP/S, Domain Naming Services, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Additional knowledge with AD and/or working with newer DFL/FFL levels (i.e., Windows Server 2012 or higher) is a plus.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Familiarity with and/or experience leveraging industry and vendor provided product documentation and best practices to successfully deploy, operate, and maintain a variety of enterprise-level Microsoft applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL, etc.) and services (DFS, KMS, PKI, etc.), as well as major third-party software solutions within a production system, with focus on minimizing, and eliminating, if possible, negative end-user impact and/or downtime.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft PowerShell to automate routine O&M duties and responsibilities is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- Shall possess GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or Security+ Continuing Education (CE) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) to meet the minimum credential requirements for Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2.
- Strongly desired to be Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2016 certified.
- Technical certifications in other enterprise-level OSs, applications, and technologies, such as Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, Red Hat, Splunk, and SolarWinds are also a plus.
- Strongly desired to have experience working with newer core Microsoft enterprise Server technologies to include AD, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, and Microsoft IIS 10. Additional experience working with these products on the Windows Server Core offering is a plus.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT solutions across the technology stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Exchange in a dispersed configuration to minimize, if not eliminate, single points of failure in the server roles and service offerings, to maximize availability, reliability, and resiliency. Experience working with Microsoft Exchange 2010 or newer is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and Outlook Web Apps (OWA) to provide an enterprise platform to share and manage content, knowledge, and applications to empower teamwork, quickly find information, and seamlessly collaborate across the organization.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for the purposes of conducting Microsoft Windows end-point baselining, inventorying, patching and updating, anu software metering across a globally dispersed enterprise Wide Area Network (WAN). Experience configuring and/or building SCCM Device Collections, Applications, Deployment Packages, and/or Software Update Groups is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft AD Certificate Services (ADCS) for Certificate requests and generations is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Distributed File Services (DFS) Namespaces (DFS-N) and Replication (DFS-R) to provide domain-based common file services access, configuration, and protection, to include off-site replication of business and mission critical data.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using Microsoft Volume Activation Services, both AD-based Activation (ADBA) and Key Management Services (KMS), for Windows OS and Microsoft Office product offerings.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Management for Optimized Virtual Environments (MOVE), and VirusScan Enterprise for Storage (VSES) for the purpose of satisfying IA/INFOSEC end-point anti-virus, threat, firewall, and web control is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using the SolarWinds Orion Platform (NPM, NTA, NCM, IPAM, UDT, NTM, DPA, SAM, etc.) for the purpose of enterprise-wide centralized entity performance, configuration, capacity, and availability monitoring is a plus.
- Familiarity with and/or experience providing server and/or desktop O&M support within Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) implementations are desired. Specific experience working with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenDesktop) hosted offerings is a plus.
- Familiarity with IT Networking technologies, concepts, and approaches to routing and switching, TCP/IP, traffic analysis, packet capturing and analysis, and traffic flow is a plus.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.