PSAB: Multipurpose Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic (MVM)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
POSITION SUMMARY: Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Multi-purpose Vehicle Mechanic (MVM) Services shall enable Vehicle Management, Vehicle Maintenance (VM), Materiel Control Support, and Ground Transportation Services in support of the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW). The candidate shall provide capabilities for these requirements based at Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) with transient on-site visits to outlying US Government Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- The MVM shall determine the overall mechanical condition of vehicles and equipment, correction of deficiencies required, and effects repair.
- The MVM shall systematically analyze malfunctions by visual and auditory examination or through the use of test equipment and shall be capable of using diagnostic test equipment, and of accurately diagnosing and repairing assigned electronic controlled equipment.
- The MVM shall repair, adjust, overhaul, or replace major assemblies or sub-assemblies such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering assemblies, tracks, hydraulic system components, and equipment attachments and may be required to remove, disassemble, and repair gasoline or diesel engines and components.
- The MVM shall repair components by replacing worn or damaged parts with new or reconditioned parts, grinding, fitting, balancing, or arranging for welding or machining and reassemble, adjust, and test repaired units for proper operation.
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces in Afghanistan and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Ensure compliance with authoritative Vehicle Maintenance and other authoritative references.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools, information and Data).
- Ensure required contractual submittals, deliverables, and products are provided to the government.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree desired
- MVM personnel shall have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in functions such as inspecting, repairing, or maintaining general purpose vehicles light and heavy duty construction equipment.
- Meet qualification standards consistent with the USAF AFSC 2T351.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Great communication, analytical, pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and a team player.
- Use computers and related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments as well as USAF Vehicle operations, maintenance and Supply Management systems.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.