SAIC has a phenomenal opportunity for a Business Development Manager who can deliver double digit growth, has established deep client relationship, and proven track record of managing the full scope of business practices; client relationship management, ability to target, develop, qualify and help capture profitable business. We seek a Business Development executive with these talents within the great state of Texas for our State & Local Texas Account.
If you have an established track record shaping and winning large programs, delivering successive years of double digit growth and believe you can excel with the support of a world class organization rich in culture, portfolio of solutions and services and access to a wide range of contract vehicles then we are the perfect destination for your talent, your skills and your abilities. We offer a very attractive compensation package, a broad breath of services and solutions for the Texas agencies and localities, as well as career opportunities second to none.
We seek a candidate who will work collaboratively with our State & Local VP and Texas Account Manager to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities within the Texas spectrum of agencies and localities. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the abilities of; market analysis, strategic business planning including opportunity identification, qualification and maturation, confidently making pursue or no pursue decisions in past assignments. Prudent use of business unit resources in successfully capturing award of large/major programs will be a huge PLUS.
The successful candidate will:
Secondary responsibilities will include:
Required Education and Experience:
• Clearance Level Must Possess: None
• Clearance Level: Must be able to Obtain Public Trust, Agency Level Clearances
• Bachelors or 4 years’ experience in lieu of a degree and 15+ years of related experience. Masters in Business or Policy is a plus
• A reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment
• Ability to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers
• Ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas is required
• Five years of recent experience in Texas including, business development, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agencies is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carryout daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus. Security Clearance: None; U.S. Citizenship required
• This position is based in Austin, TX, and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.