full-time part-time employee contract
Machine Maintenance Mechanic
FULL-TIME $26/hr This manufacturing machine maintenance mechanic troubleshoots and repairs electrical and mechanical equipment throughout the plant except for equipment assigned to Maintenance Packaging Department. Duties include:
• Provide preventative maintenance electrical or mechanical operation.
• Ability to install /maintain hydraulic equipment, pumps, motors, cylinders.
• Troubleshoot or repair mechanical equipment.
• Ability to change out or set up equipment, i.e., mixers, pumps, processing equipment.
• Must be able to change out and set-up equipment for operation.
• Must be able to perform minor prefab and run machine shop equipment. REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC Schedule Shift start: 10:00PM Shift length: 8 - 10 hours Monday - Friday, may have overtime on Saturday/Sunday Benefits Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days Paid time off 401(k) plan Qualifications Must pass drug screen Must be at least 18+ years old Two-year associate degree in related skills trade, preferred.
In lieu of degree, one-year fluid power technician with 2 years industrial maintenance experience, required.
Any combination of technical skills trade education and machine maintenance experience will be considered.
General knowledge of gear drives and conveyors, required
General knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, required.
Able to work in adverse temperatures
Internal candidates: in lieu of degree, or combination experience education; one-year fluid power degree combined with successful completion of one-year probationary period of grade 5 machine maintenance trainee position will be considered. About Tyson Foods Tyson Foods is one of the world's largest food companies and a recognized leader in protein. Founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson and grown under three generations of family leadership, the company has a broad portfolio of products and brands like Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells®, ibp®, and State Fair®. Tyson Foods innovates continually to make protein more sustainable, tailor food for everywhere it's available and raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do. Headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas, the company had 121,000 team members at September 29, 2018. Through its Core Values, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity, create value for its shareholders, customers, communities and team members and serve as a steward of the animals, land, and environment entrusted to it.