Career Systems Development (https://careersystems.com/)
Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Cook is responsible for preparing center meals, establishing menu and determining quantities of food needed
- Prepares daily center meals and ensures that they are ready to serve according to schedule
- Ensures meals are wholesome and appetizing
- Maintains inventory of foodstuffs and requests additional food as necessary
- Assists in preparing weekly and monthly food service reports
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining kitchen and dining areas
- Maintains daily record of food costs and amount of food used
- Assists in serving meals
- Reports unsafe of unsanitary conditions in the kitchen/dining area
- Ensures leftover foods are properly covered and stored
- Directs work of students who are assigned to serving line
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. One year's experience in institutional food preparation preferred.
Preferred: Two or more years experience.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of all aspects of food preparation, cooking and good nutrition, well-developed habits of personal cleanliness and hygiene, must meet State or local food handling requirements, whichever are more restrictive, must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certificates.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.