The VIP Communications Support Technician shall provide support for day-to-day operations for VIP/Executive Level personnel assigned to USCENTCOM located at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will provide 24 / 7 advanced technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer and information systems to an operational status, to include networking devices, personal electronic devices (PEDs), computers, thin/zero clients, laptops, and peripherals. This is a deployable position (travel is frequent, between 20-30% is common) and will require travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations; as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required. The ultimate goal is to ensure data, voice, video, and communication requirements are correctly provisioned and operational to support assured communication between warfighters and Senior Defense Officials, Commander USCENTCOM and USCENTCOM staff.
· Provide support the Very Important Person (VIP) team. VIPs consist of local quarters, office and travel to CONUS and Outside the CONUS (OCUNUS) locations.
· Support VIP Communication / Information Systems and networks, including remote communications equipment, mobile and deployable network communication systems, strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communication systems (BGAN terminals), secure telephone equipment, video conferencing terminals, laptops, desktops, computer peripherals and other equipment, supporting executive communications capabilities.
· Test all VIP deployable mobile communications equipment and communications suites to ensure all equipment is operational. The equipment shall be ready to deploy within one hour of the notifications for deployment.
· Under very minimal to no supervision provide front line support to executive level customers to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
· Provides on-site technical support, to include travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations, by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of workstations and related software/hardware.
· Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and applies domain specific knowledge to return equipment to operational status within agreed upon Service Level Agreement parameters.
· Interacts daily with executive level customers, supervisor, peer groups and customers in order to manage work flow in timely and professional manner.
· Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
· Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
· Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain networking equipment, encryption devices, computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.