We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Field Services Technician to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will:
• Respond to technical service hardware requests and break/fix incidents of USAF Airmen, civilians, and contractors
• Support Dell, HP and other notebook, desktops, and monitors
• Resolve end user questions or problems in the areas of functionality and technical troubleshooting
• Take responsibility for additional follow-up as required to ensure service is fully restored
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction
Required Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An Associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience.
• Must be able to complete tasks without supervision and be a self-starter
• Must have experience in desktop support regardless of degree or certifications
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues without reach back support (the majority of the time)
• Will need the ability to be on-call for VIP work orders, respond, and resolve work orders according to the SLA
• Must be able to follow-up and create schedules/appointments
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve MS Outlook issues
• Must be able to communicate and coordinate with different teams CONUS and OCONUS in order to complete tasks and work orders.
• Must to be able to perform inventorying and additional logistic functions
• Active CompTIA Security+ CE certification
• Must have a US DoD Interim or Active Secret Clearance
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
• Requires ability to walk, climb, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist.
• Maximum unassisted lift = 50 lbs. Average lift less than 20 lbs
• Exposed to seasonal weather based on geographic region
• Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
• See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
• See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
• Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
• Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
• Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
• Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
• Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
• Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
Desired Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Certification MS Office 365 or MS Server 16 and up or MS Windows 10