- Military veterans preferred
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the design, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN networks and systems
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Network Operations Manager with the development and maintenance of network system and service configurations
- Document and troubleshoot network and system issues
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation
- Test and evaluate network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements
- Assist with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools
- Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, and report during Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test events
- Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during MDA test events
- Travel to support various MDA test events
- While traveling, configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.)
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have CompTIA Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Must have CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
- Experience deploying and managing TACLANEs or other cryptographic equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Travel for CONUS and OCONUS support (Up to 25% per year and up to 30 days at a time)
Desired knowledge, skills and experiences:
- Experience deploying and managing firewalls (Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA)
- Experience with network management and monitoring toolsets such as NetScout, Wireshark, ExtraHop, SolarWinds, etc.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux workstation and server configuration and operation
- Familiar with multicast network configuration and operation
- Familiar with Cisco Telephony and AV endpoints such as VoIP Phones and VTC Units
Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain full Secret clearance.
More Jobs For Veterans...