Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for U.S. defense, intelligence and federal civilian agencies. In business for more than 52 years, we excel in full-spectrum cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering solutions that support national and homeland security. More than 9,300 talented professionals around the globe make up the ManTech family and nearly half are veterans.
This is a highly challenging and rewarding position with significant impact on national security offering the opportunity for rapid upward mobility. A wide range of knowledge and skills are needed such as computer forensics/mobile device forensics, data recovery, reverse engineering, intrusion analysis and methodologies, intelligence analysis, vulnerability assessments, and technical reporting for various government customers.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Cyber Forensics Reverse Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia. Candidate must be experienced in several areas and will work on projects pertaining to one or more of the following technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Use expertise in malware reverse engineering and analysis to evaluate and analyze complex malicious code through the use of static and dynamic malware analysis tools, including disassemblers, debuggers, virtual machines, hex editors, and un-packers.
• Perform research in the area of malicious software, vulnerabilities, and exploitation tactics, and recommend preventative or defensive actions.
• Conduct reverse-engineering for known and suspected malware files. Investigate instances of malicious code to determine attack vector and payload, and to determine the extent of damage and data exfiltration.
• Produce reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, and indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection, to include behavior, identified infrastructure used for command and control, and mitigation techniques. Analyze the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware, and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors.
• Develop network and host based signatures to identify specific malware. Recommend heuristic or anomaly based detection methods.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
• Support the maintenance of malware analysis platforms and tool sets, identify requirements for new malware analysis capabilities, and contribute to the development of new malware analysis tools and techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years of related experience.
• Experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms is helpful.
• Demonstrated experience using Commercial (IDA Pro, Hex-Rays, WinDbg, etc.) and Open Source tools like OllyDbg.
• Understanding of behavioral based threat models such as Cyber Kill Chain.
• Familiarity with Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android forensics.
• Demonstrated experience writing code (C, C++, Python, Perl, Java, Powershell, or Assembly language)
• Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques.
• A basic understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats.
• Understanding of software engineering methodologies.
• Ability to analyze shellcode, and packed and obfuscated code, and their associated algorithms.
• Understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques.
• Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks.
• Basic understanding of network protocols and networking concepts.
• Basic understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs.
• Basic understanding of the PE file format and experience parsing structured or unstructured data.
• Good interpersonal, strong initiative, problem solving, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
• Tools: IDA Pro, Debbugers, disassemblers, virtual machines, hex editors, and un-packers, X-Ways and Open source methods and tools to perform malware investigations.
• Experience using EnCase, X-Ways, FTK, and Open Source methods and tools to perform Malware/Forensic investigations are nice to have skills.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of time.
• Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets and office machinery
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.