Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Quantity Surveyor Commercial Assurance
The role will be based in Warrington with visits to West Cumbria as required.
Reporting to the Contract Management Lead within the Commercial Services Team the Quantity Surveyor position will include but not be limited to the following
• Be a key contributor to the development of new and the amendment of current commercial processes and procedures for the Project Programme Partnership (PPP).
• Have accountability within the commercial services team for a number of specific activities in the day to day running of the project.
• Contributing to the development and agreement of contract terms & conditions.
• Protection of the KBR and PPP commercial interests.
• Interfacing where required with the Client, other PPP Partners and Major Projects on commercial issues and training.
• Administration and regular reporting of contract change (Early Warnings, Compensations Events, Instructions).
• Be responsible for establishing, demonstrating and maintaining the high standards required for the processes and procedures of both KBR and the PPP commercial activities.
• Contributing to the development and delivery of commercial training within the PPP.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Ideally degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and have proven experience of working in a Commercial & Quantity Surveying role.
• Experience of working with clients and subcontractors in all project operational and commercial activities.
• Experience of using electronic contract management tools for all key functions, (ie CEMAR, Asite, etc).
• Good knowledge and experience of the management of terms and conditions of contract, both standard forms and bespoke contracts. NEC would be an advantage but not essential.
• Ability to work to set deadlines and priorities.
• Experience of working within integrated teams with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in the nuclear industry or other regulated industry an advantage, but not essential.
• Experience in ensuring compliance with corporate governance procedures and reporting.
• Professional Charter Status to a recognised organisation (RICS or CICES) an advantage but not essential
• Must hold SC Clearance or be capable of obtaining UK Nuclear industry clearance
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.