Technical Instructor (ITIL)
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:?
? Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.?
? Operation of Service Desks.?
? Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.?
? Design & deliver a new Management Information System
? Technical & English Language Training.?
? Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.?
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a professional standard of technical instruction consistent with an internationally recognised technical training institute
- To deliver a variety of technical instruction relevant to telecommunication systems being operated by the local Military Customer
- To produce training materials to support training in the form of, but not limited to; handouts, presentations and weekly tests, utilising TEL as necessary.
- To ensure that all materials used are culturally appropriate and relevant to lessons delivered
- To develop lessons and activities that encourage students to become involved in the class either on their own initiative or following direction from the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) or HoETT
- To produce and update as required daily lesson plans to reflect course planned delivery.
- To develop training material across all types of delivery, including, but not limited to e-learning, DLOs, PowerPoint®, pamphlets (this maybe in support of external companies)
- To provide SME advice to the Course Designers as required
- To generate on a weekly basis using the LMS, a report for all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures
- To liaise with other departments as directed by the HoETT
- To provide technical instructional cover in all regions as directed by the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) ( in extremis )
- To ensure that all aspects of classroom management are rigorously enforced and adhered to, delivering the local Military Customer’s specified requirements and as directed by the LTI and the HoETT
- Strictly adhere to all aspects, rules and requirements of working for KBR as currently stipulated
- Adhere to all requirements of working within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will at all time show respect for the customs and practices of the Kingdom
- Assist with InVal as required
- React to arising matters to accommodate emerging short-notice actions as directed by LTI and HoETT
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the LTI or the HoETT
- Must provide recent evidence of delivering training courses in telecommunications or related field
- Possess an excellent knowledge of instructional methodology and have the skills to exploit new methods and media to encourage learning
- Familiar with Interactive Learning Technologies
- Must be fluent in English and/orArabic
- Highly-skilled in producing written work with best use of English language and grammar
- Experience of producing reports
- Experienced in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Show evidence of using multimedia to provide learning solutions
- Provide evidence of class management and reporting
- An active team member committed to delivering first class learning solutions to the customer
- Customer focused, endeavouring to ensure that all efforts are applied to ensure the best learning outcomes
- Possess high levels of personal integrity and self-discipline commensurate with the position and must on all occasions and circumstances operate in a professional manner
- Possess an analytical and logical approach
- Be a self-starter
- Have excellent time management skills
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Knowledge of the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Management Standard (DSAT QMS) and guidance contained within JSP 822
- Some experience with military overseas students
- Familiar with the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
- Valid CCNP in switching and routing or other tracks or equivalent.
- Certification and experience Cyber security.
- Valid ITIL certification intermediate
- Formal certification in teaching and instruction
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.