Data network Technical Instructor
Primary Objectives and Functions :
To deliver technical instruction at the Communications School and regional locations (as required) in a way that supports the local Military Customer’s students’ understanding of technical systems commensurate to their role, that is consistent and meets both internal and external requirements in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Management Standard (DSAT QMS) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a professional standard of technical instruction consistent with an internationally recognised technical training institute
- To deliver a variety of technical instruction relevant to telecommunication systems being operated by the local Military Customer
- To produce training materials to support training in the form of, but not limited to; handouts, presentations and weekly tests, utilising TEL as necessary.
- To ensure that all materials used are culturally appropriate and relevant to lessons delivered
- To develop lessons and activities that encourage students to become involved in the class either on their own initiative or following direction from the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) or HoETT
- To produce and update as required daily lesson plans to reflect course planned delivery.
- To develop training material across all types of delivery, including, but not limited to e-learning, DLOs, PowerPoint®, pamphlets (this maybe in support of external companies)
- To provide SME advice to the Course Designers as required
- To generate on a weekly basis using the LMS, a report for all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures
- To liaise with other departments as directed by the HoETT
- To provide technical instructional cover in all regions as directed by the Lead Technical Instructor (LTI) ( in extremis )
- To ensure that all aspects of classroom management are rigorously enforced and adhered to, delivering the local Military Customer’s specified requirements and as directed by the LTI and the HoETT
- Strictly adhere to all aspects, rules and requirements of working for KBR as currently stipulated
- Adhere to all requirements of working within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will at all time show respect for the customs and practices of the Kingdom
- Assist with InVal as required
- React to arising matters to accommodate emerging short-notice actions as directed by LTI and HoETT
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the LTI or the HoETT
- Provide periodic feedback for all KBR Technical Training within the ‘blended’ environment
- Produce feedback for all technical courses in a variety of formats as directed by LTI or HoETT
- Produce concise feedback for management
- Maintain limited-access electronic records of all actions pertaining to technical training
- Carry out general office administration duties as directed
- Maintain all documentation iaw Training Quality Data Protection guidelines
Other duties as required by the HoETT
- Advise on training and development issues to achieve contract objectives and assist long-term planning and change management
- Contribute to the Training Quality actions within role as required by the QAS Dept
- Provide assistance in the invigilation of tests as directed
- Provide leave and absence cover as required
Advise on technical developments to LTI, HoETT, TDD and Course Designers on an ad hoc basis.
Recruitment Specification (Essential and Desirable)
Essential to the role candidates must be able to provide as evidence or demonstrate through interview;
- Valid CCNP in switching and routing or other tracks or equivalent.
- Certification and experience Cyber security.
- RQF level 5 qualification in education, teaching and instruction
- Must provide recent evidence of delivering training courses in telecommunications or related field
- Possess an excellent knowledge of instructional methodology and have the skills to exploit new methods and media to encourage learning
- Familiar with Interactive Learning Technologies
- Must be fluent in English and/or Arabic
- Highly-skilled in producing written work with best use of English language and grammar
- Experience of producing reports
- Experienced in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Show evidence of using multimedia to provide learning solutions
- Provide evidence of class management and reporting
- An active team member committed to delivering first class learning solutions to the customer
- Customer focused, endeavouring to ensure that all efforts are applied to ensure the best learning outcomes
- Possess high levels of personal integrity and self-discipline commensurate with the position and must on all occasions and circumstances operate in a professional manner
- Possess an analytical and logical approach
- Be a self-starter
- Have excellent time management skills
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Knowledge of the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Management Standard (DSAT QMS) and guidance contained within JSP 822
- Some experience with military overseas students
- Familiar with the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
- Make changes in own practice and offer suggestions for improving services
- Contribute, interpret and apply suggestions, recommendations and directives to improve services
- Maintain quality in own work and encourage others to do so
Health & Safety
- Assist in maintaining own and others’ Health, Safety and Security
Personal & People Development
- Develop own skills and knowledge and provide information to others to help their development
Equality & Diversity
- Act in ways that support equality and value diversity
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.