Senior System Engineer - TS/SCI
KBR is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join the KBR team in the Columbia,, Maryland area. Duties will include:
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency interoperability of developer hardware and software.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides systems development and implement planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance required.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Twenty (20) years of system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Serves as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Technical Lead providing direction to development Team for new product features.
- Conduct discovery efforts on 5G technologies, derive development requirements from received operational requirements, integrate future wireless activities, and collaborate with infrastructure engineers.
- In dept knowledge of wireless communications to include but not limited to 5G, WiMax, (802.16d,e); WiFi (802.11a,b,g,n); LTE (FDD,TDD); Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS. As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most required.
- In depth Wireless Protocol Knowledge: GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 802.11, 802.16, 5G; Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS. As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most desired.
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping. Radio Direction Finding; Angle of Arrival Estimation; Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.