SAIC is looking for an accomplished IT Application Developer to play a pivotal role. This position is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of large system software solutions and applications to meet business needs. Candidate is expected to be familiar with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including gathering requirements, analyzing business requirements, designing, prototyping, development, testing, deployment, support, and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain software programs; Integrate best software development practices in software design, development and deployment
- Implement high quality, secure and maintainable code using standard software design patterns and best practices.
- Participate in gathering software requirements and develop software applications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Collaborate with other developers, business analysts, project managers, business users, vendors, and management.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Listen effectively to others and shares technical knowledge with others
- Ability to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
The ideal candidate will have full life cycle web development and maintenance experience, including requirements analysis and technical design through implementation. The candidate should be able to create new applications or improve existing applications, run software tests, develop product prototypes and create technical documents and manuals relating to application development.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive experience and/or knowledge in the following competencies:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience with SQL-Server, MySQL and Access
- Worked with application/web servers like Web logic, JBoss, JAP6 and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of Windows/ AIX scripts and Windows Scheduler.
- Familiar with concepts related to application security.
- Familiar with scheduling and running jobs using scheduler tools, e.g., Windows Scheduler and/or CTRL-M.
- Familiar with web design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator Flash and Dreamweaver
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE, Maven and Subversion.
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Suite of Programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Extensive MS SQL database and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)knowledge and development experience
- Mobile apps development experience is a plus
- Team-player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision