Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented SCI Security Specialist II in Vandenberg AFB CA.
The SCI Security Specialist’s primary function is to serve as a senior security specialist under supervision of the local Special Security Office (SSO). In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD), Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and Air Force directives, regulations and instructions, implements local policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient management for military, civilian and contractor personnel of SCI and collateral program functions including physical, personnel, information and industrial security. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) activities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Formulates plans, policies, procedures and other documentation required to deal with the operation of SCI protection functions and activities IAW DoD 5105.21 Volumes 1-3, ICD 704/5, AFMAN 14- 304, AFI 16-1404/06 and AFI 31-501.
- Maintain and update the SCI Billet Structure (SCIBS) for the entire installation, and geographically separated Operating Locations. Process requests for changes to SCIBS, including analyzing requests to assure proper need-to-know justifications are enforced. Prepare SCIBS-related correspondence to appropriate agencies. Respond to requests for additional information needed to complete adjudications.
- Maintain and update Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) records for 1,000+ SCI indoctrinated personnel.
- Assist with Staff Assistance Visits and other local inspections as required. Prepares and presents reports with appropriate corrective actions delineated.
- Receive and respond to requests for SCI eligibility, recertification, and special purpose and interim SCI Accesses, insuring validity of the requests.
- Review and act upon authorities to indoctrinate SCI personnel, including personnel screening interviews and indoctrination briefings.
- Participate in the management of Security Information File (SIF) Program.
- Send and receive collateral and/or SCI visit requests; oversee and provide facility badge access. Responsible for ensuring all assigned personnel meet/maintain the appropriate security clearance requirements, in accordance with ICD 704 and AFI-31-501.
- Update and query required information systems as needed to perform assigned duties. Maintain required hard-copy files to perform assigned duties. Prepare and execute required periodic reporting and or audits and reviews IAW applicable directives, regulations, and instructions.
- Provide continuous training and guidance in all areas of SCI security; including but not limited to, local procedures, OPSEC, Communications Security (COMSEC), Security Awareness.
- Enforce foreign contact and travel requirements, entry procedures, escort procedures, document control procedures, and classification review/guidance requests.
- Coordinate with Foreign Disclosure Officer (FDO) on SCI access for Foreign Nationals as necessary for local mission requirements.
- Maintain liaison with local Security Forces and AF Office of Special Investigations, to ensure security procedures, policies, and training are properly coordinated, and available to SCI personnel. Respond to SCI incidents with SSO and ISSM in order to make a declaration. Coordinate with HHQ to notify and obtain security incident tracking number. Ensure Inquiry Official (IO) is nominated to the Senior Intelligence Office (SIO) for appointment and provide initial IO brief.
- Ensure incident report is completed, coordinated and submitted to HQ for closure. Provide training and guidance on handling, safeguarding, marking classified material.
- Verify and provide training for requests for SCI courier authorizations; issues those certifications.
- SMC Specialized Acquisitions & Operations Security Support
- Acts as an SCI courier.
- Coordinate industrial security procedures as necessary. Review performance work statement (PWS) for SCI contracts and ensure a properly executed DD Form 254.
- Upon receipt of indoctrination assist ensure DD Fm 254 is properly executed and coordinated with Unit Security Manager (USM) and local IP office.
- Maintain hard/soft copies of DD Fm 254 along with personnel assigned to contract prior to indoctrination.
- Contractor shall also be responsible to assist the SSO in maintaining accreditation for SCI Facilities (SCIFs) and alarm systems in accordance with ICD 705.
- Develop and update personnel security responsibilities for Special Security Representatives (SSRs). Ensure SSRs are appropriately appointed, managed, and trained. Analyze and assess issues with SCI personnel security and proposes solutions that meet standards set by applicable regulations, directives and instructions.
- Assist in enforcing ICD 705 requirements.
- Serve as Alt ISSM assisting with the development and maintenance of a formal Information System (IS) security program.
- Assist ISSM with investigation of security incidents. Participate as a member of the configuration management board when the ISSM is not available. Maintain a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards and operational security measures.
- Coordinate with SCI Cybersecurity personnel to eliminate potential conflicts among local Personnel Security, Information Security and Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of TEMPEST certification and assist the ISSM in TEMPEST activities
- Establish and maintain media control procedures and inventory, including CDs, DVDs, hard drives, zip disks and floppy disks. Inspect logs to ensure no media leaves the SCIF or is destroyed.
- Assist the ISSM with implementation and enforcement of IS security policies. Conduct testing to evaluate the security posture of IS. Assist with development of IS certification and accreditation documentation.
- 7-10 years related experience with SCI Security
- ? Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Must complete JPAS training
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/JAFANs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Security Clearance Requirements:
Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.