AFIT Agile Development Specialist
- MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs the following duties for Air Force Institute of Technology School of Systems and Logistics (AFIT/LS). AFIT is committed to providing defense-focused graduate and professional continuing education and research to sustain the technological supremacy of America’s air and space forces. AFIT’s mission is to advance air, space, and cyberspace power for the Nation, its partners, and our armed forces by providing relevant defense-focused technical graduate and continuing education, research, and consultation. This position involves:
- Providing product support by developing, editing, modifying and teaching course materials.
- Developing curriculum, instruct students, facilitate discussions, and enable student-centered active learning using classrooms and/or virtual distance learning technology existing at AFIT and conduct consulting.
- Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Must be able to understand, document, and apply technical requirements using Agile Software Development (ASD) techniques and methodologies.
- Should be familiar with ASD-Acquisition and goals as defined by the Air Force and the Acquisition community for ASD in the Systems Engineering Process.
- Familiarity with the way ASD has been employed in the private sector (e.g. use of scrums and Scrum Masters etc.).
- Ability to relate how Agile can enhance acquisition and sustainment strategy--relate how Agile can enhance the ability to meet Technical Reviews and Audits.
- Understand how Program Managers need to make changes in Statements of Work (SOW), CDRLs, and other programmatic documentation to implement Agile.
- Describe and infer how Agile may impact different contract vehicles (Primes, Subs, and Government to Prime/Sub, etc.).
- Familiarity with “Software as a Service” (SaaS), “Infrastructure as a Service” (IaaS), “Platform as a Service” (PaaS) and the ways to use Cloud Computing to support cost estimation, planning, bug tracking, software repository management and decision making
- Familiarity with the use ASD tools and projects in a smooth, effective, and successful application of a small or large project.
- A working understanding of how to maintain Intellectual Property or the concerns surrounding not having the Data Rights for the ASD being built.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Agile values, principles and application to program management and software development, including the use of various frameworks, methodologies and practices, and the necessary cultural changes for implementation.
- Experience in teaching in a variety of environments to include classroom and/or virtual distance learning is highly desirable.
- Offer real-life examples of agile methods and tools and demonstrate first-hand knowledge of DoD policies and practices.
- An earned Bachelor of Science degree in a field of study relevant to Agile Development along with demonstrated teaching ability.A Master’s of Science degree (or higher) and/or professional teaching experience of adult students is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated professional knowledge with 6-15 years of specialized experience in agile development or related field.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and expertly (in English) in both verbal and written forms concerning academic, administrative, and technical subject matters.
- Demonstrated familiarity with AFIT organization structure, research initiatives and processes, and points-of-contact is desirable.
- Eligible to obtain a SECRET security clearance background check investigation and possess a government common access card (CAC). LI-EH1
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.