Senior Director, Procurement and Supply Chain Management
(BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED)
KBR: We are powering the progress throughout the world, helping our clients with their most complex projects and programs. No matter the mission, no matter the environment, we deliver.
At KBR, we partner with government and industry clients to provide purposeful and comprehensive solutions with an emphasis on efficiency and safety. With a full portfolio of services, proprietary technologies and expertise, our employees are ready to handle projects and missions from planning and design to sustainability and maintenance. Whether at the bottom of the ocean or in outer space, our clients trust us to deliver the impossible on a daily basis.
When it comes to mission-critical services, KBR is always on the front line, helping keep the top defense organizations around the globe operationally ready and on-target. We understand what’s at stake with national security. That’s why we offer scalable logistics and supply chain support, best-in-class asset management, and full lifecycle solutions that ensure combat-ready equipment is ready 24/7 at strategic locations around the world.
The full range of our land-based capabilities includes heavy equipment transport, prepositioned stock, supply chain management, contingency and base operation support, and depot maintenance and optimization. Regardless of the mission or environment, all our services are guided by our Zero Harm philosophy.
KBR’s Government Services -US Group has on opening for a Senior Director, Supply Chain Management in its Readiness and Sustainment Solutions(R&SS) business unit.
The Senior Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Management develops organizational Procurement and Supply Chain Management strategies, manages large organization of Procurement and Supply Chain Professionals; and builds the processes which guarantee the subcontracted services and labor, including the procurement of and efficient movement and storage of materials, work-in-process inventory, and of finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Management is responsible for the organization’s overall global procurement and supply chain management requirements and strategies, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Define and implement comprehensive strategies for all aspects of the company’s global procurement and supply chain to reduce costs, mitigate risk, improve quality, shorten lead-times, and reduce inventories
- Develop and implement procurement and supply chain strategies and plans that result in meeting or exceeding organizational financial objectives, growth, and retention strategies
- As a value-added functional service, deliver targeted savings, cost avoidance, and improvement performance in support of program, projects, and organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain a formidable network of supportive stakeholders that continuously promote procurement as a valued contributor to the success of the division and the company
- Formidable ability to collaborate with Project Management, and Operations to improve Product Lifecycle Management – spearhead sourcing initiatives, establish strategic procurement agreements and improved logistics approaches in new markets, territories, and countries to support organizational growth objectives
- Develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Review strategies and plans; to ensure successful Supplier Partnerships and exceptional performance from key performing suppliers; delivering value over and above what would normally be achieved
- Ability to competitively bid and award multi-year Strategic Agreements based on preferred terms and conditions, discounted pricing, and strategic delivery methods and strategies using best-value or technical-accepted-low-price approaches
- Extensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, AFARS and other Government Procurement and Contracting requirements
- Extensive experience in ensuring compliance with DCMA Approved Purchasing Systems and exceptional knowledge and support of DCMA Contractor Purchasing System and Government Property System Reviews.
- Ability to develop and deploy Self-Assessment Programs to Self-Monitor compliance to Purchasing and Property System Policies, Procedures, and other Government Requirements.
- Ability to take a leading role in the collaborative development of harmonized procurement procedures, processes, and strategies based on best practices and technical expertise
- Process driven subject matter expert with extensive experience in Supply Chain Management Technologies and ERP Systems
- Extensive Experience leading large Procurement and Supply Chain Organizations and cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills; with exceptional written and verbal skills; Strong public speaking ability; with ability to communicate clearly to Senior Executive Leadership; Team Player
- Clear understanding of Purchasing Card Program and P-Card Oversight process.
- Ability to develop and deploy successful Procurement and Supply Chain Training Programs to develop procurement and supply chain professionals and retain key talent
- Extensive experience with supporting Proposal Development and performing Color Reviews.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the Supply Chain teams
- Create structure, hire/train staff, develop personnel, give direction, integrate/leverage global capabilities, and hold team members accountable
- Challenge existing suppliers and to upgrade their capabilities and introduce eCommerce/Punch-out Catalog capabilities. Seek out future potential supply partners who can help KBR advance to the next level. Negotiate supply agreements with all global vendors and suppliers
- Continuously develop/enhance supply chain productivity and operational processes. Implement industry best practices for forecasting, sourcing, risk mitigation, inventory, and vendor management
- Develop supply chain effectiveness metrics and report regularly on supply chain performance, utilizing the metrics
- Ensure continuous approval of Procurement and Property government business systems.
- Ability to Develop Industry Best Practice KPIs and SLAs and develop strategies and programs to improve performance based on comparisons to similar industries
- Experience identifying, defining, and deploying RPA capabilities; and Inventory efficiencies such as streamlined processes using Barcoding and other RFID capabilities
SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience and knowledge of working Government Prime Contracts with various agencies.
- Successful maintain approval of “Approved” (DCMA) Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) and Property Management Audits.
- Proficient in working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) as well as other agency acquisition regulations and/or supplements.
- Fifteen+ (15+) years of related verifiable experience in Supply Chain Management to include Procurement/Subcontracts, Logistics, Materials Management, Warehousing, and Property Management preferable supporting Government Prime Contracts; with 10 years in leadership positions.
- Experience leading large Procurement and Supply Chain Management Organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or related field, Master’s Degree preferred with Supply Chain certifications.
- Top-Secret Clearance preferred or ability to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance
- Strong Analytical Skills, Excel, Power BI, and Extensive Understanding of ERP Systems
- Ability to align key stakeholders toward a common goal and drive results and facilitate change
- Experience working within Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system(s)
- Project Manage experience: ability to multi-task on multiple requests from all departments
- Experience negotiating with vendors; ability to manage external relationships
REPORTING AND POSITION LOCATION
- This position reports to the Government Solutions (GSUS) VP of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- This position is located in Houston, TX in support of Government Solutions (GSUS) Readiness and Sustainment Business Unit
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.