Engineering Technician, Journey Level 5
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- KBR is seeking an Engineering Technician Level 5 to join our team in Norfolk, VA
- The position performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems
- The incumbent may plan such assignments
- The Technician receives technical advice from Supervisor or Engineer
- Work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions)
- The position may be assisted by lower level technicians and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the establishment, and performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Developing or reviewing designs by extracting and analyzing a variety of engineering data, applying conventional engineering practices to develop, prepare, or recommend schematics, designs, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists (Examples of designs include: detailed circuit diagrams; hardware fittings or test equipment involving a variety of mechanisms; and cooling systems)
- Conducting tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures, preparing and operating equipment, recording data, measuring and recording problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at a higher level, troubleshooting, and analyzes data and prepares test reports
- Applying methods outlined by others to limited segments of research and development projects, constructing experimental or prototype models to meet engineering requirements; conducts tests or experiments and redesigns as necessary and recording and evaluating data and reports findings
- High School Diploma
- Minimum ten (10) years of practical experience in a "Relevant Technical Field" to include seven (7) years of experience with the installation of such equipment and five (5) year of experience with the design, preparation and modification of engineering documents and drawings
- Prior U.S. Navy shipboard electronics experience required; AN/SQR-4 Systems on Navy Destroyers and Cruisers preferred
- Position requires 75% Travel CONUS (Norfolk VA, San Diego CA, Mayport FL, Pearl Harbor HI) and 25% travel OCONUS (Rota Spain, Yokosuka Japan)
- Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a clearance required
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.