GENERAL CLERK III (ICE-CA-21-0630-F):
Bowhead seeks a General Clerk III who will be assigned to specific Chief Counsel Offices, or sub / satellite locations within that Counsel’s area of operation. The Chief Counsel’s office handles confidential and high level documentation and is part of the Department of Homeland Security. The duties primarily include maintaining and organizing files, conducting research, and drafting documents. The General Clerk III follows clearly detailed procedures in performing repetitive tasks in the same sequence. Responsibilities may include filing pre-coded documents in a chronological file, or operating office equipment, (e.g., mimeograph, photocopy, addressograph or mailing machine).
Other general clerical duties include:
• Mail Management, including paper and electronic correspondence and packages
• Receive, open date stamp, sort and distribute in-bound mail
• Interfile correspondence in case files
• Respond to internal and external file requests
• Utilize the National File Tracking System (NFTS) to locate files and for internal and external file transfers
• Research, identify, review and select relevant documents for production
• Comply with ICE AND NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) document standardization policy and procedures
This position is full time, benefits eligible at an hourly rate of $17.62 plus H&W (Health and Welfare) rate per local wage determination. The location is in San Diego, CA.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative office environment required.
• Extensive computer/PC knowledge required including; spreadsheet software, word processing software and knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Must be able to successfully pass a federal background investigation* and pre-employment drug screen.
* Federal background investigation includes, but is not limited to, citizenship status, residency information, work experience, education, credit history, criminal record check, and fingerprints.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the DHS ICE T2 level.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: