SMALL BOAT ENGINEER SWFLANT-21-0628-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Small Boat Engineer to support the fleet maintenance, operations and vessel support services at Kings Bay, Georgia. This team is responsible for maintaining Government furnished equipment and various watercraft associated equipment. The Small Boat Engineer performs preventative and corrective maintenance under general supervision by a Senior Maintenance Engineer. Small Boat Engineers are responsible for performing maintenance on various small boats used at SUBASE Kings Bay and therefore specialized certifications and experience is required. Required certifications include: 10sV2000M92 MTU engines and HM521 Hamilton Jet Drive Systems; Mercury 300 hp outboard engines; Cummins QSB5.9 Engines and; MJ-292 Hamilton Jet Drive Marine Propulsion Units.
Essential functions will include:
• Maintaining and repairing various equipment and watercraft per task order specifications.
• Responding to and correcting mechanical deficiencies in assigned watercraft.
• Assisting with maintenance on all engineering; deck; fire-fighting and emergency equipment as assigned.
• Qualified candidates must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required in addition to a minimum of one (1) year boat engineer experience in a waterborne environment being highly desired.
• Experience with complex Navy drawings / vessel specifications highly desired
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
Qualified candidates must possess a certification in two or more of the following:
• 10sV2000M92 MTU engines
• HM521 Hamilton Jet Drive Systems
• Mercury 300 HP outboard engines
• Cummins QSB5.9 Engines
• MJ-292 Hamilton Jet Drive Marine Propulsion Units
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: