Technical Writer/Editor IV:(MCSC-21-0485-F)
Bowhead seeks a Technical Writer IV to support the Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) contract in Albany, GA. The Technical Writer IV will have expertise in Marine Corps Acquisitions and Logistics and the ability to writes and updates material for reports, manuals, briefs, instruction books, catalogs and related technical publications.
Duties may include:
• Review and making recommendations regarding technical publications information in program Technical Manual Book Plans, Technical Manual Requirement Contract (TMCR), Technical Manuals, Commercial Manuals, SL-3s and I- types.
• Editing technical publications such as scientific and engineering research reports, author manuscripts for which technical reviews have been completed.
• Apply basic understanding of subject matter and nature of investigations to analyze manuscripts to determine what action to improve the basic text must be taken.
• Identify problems such as insufficient documentation has been furnished to support statements, and where more general terminology improves readability.
• Correct errors of grammar, spelling, and ERDC format.
• Prepare corrections ranging from substitutions in terminology to complete rewrite of passages in text.
• Meet with authors to explain needs for improvement and to obtain concurrence with recommended changes.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5-8 years’ experience; thorough understanding of DON and Marine Corp logistics regulations and policies; specialized training/certifications and/or experience in Life Cycle Logistics; certification in Life Cycle Logistics is preferred
Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Public Trust clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://bit.ly/2PS1dh2