Financial Analyst (EDOS-21-0626-F):
Bowhead seeks a Financial Analyst who assists in tracking of program and project budgets, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports, reviewing of invoices and statements, verifying financial information, and ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated.
Functions include but are not limited to:
• Providing financial analysis, financial management, and cost analysis support to Government sponsored programs, divisions, branches, program managers, group leaders, and Business Office.
• Assisting in processing incoming funding to NSWCDD.
• Recommending the allocation of financial resources.
• Providing funds status inputs to the government.
• Using the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (NERP), a Systems Applications Products (SAP) in Data Processing business application to report on, analyze, budget, forecast, track, and solve problems for the Government’s financial accounts.
• Generate, update, and maintain program, project, and budget estimates, tracking budget execution by appropriation and funding type, addressing budget issues, and providing data for budget data calls.
• Assisting project leads with the preparation of cost estimates and spend plans
• Updating weekly budget reports, including tracking commitments, obligations, and expenditures
• Assisting the Business Office with the completion of the reviews by researching outstanding, commitments, obligations, and unfulfilled customer orders
Advanced Excel user
Understanding of fiscal law: types of funds, periods of availability, and time/purpose/amount
• Must have familiarity with Financial Systems.
• Must have knowledge and experience using IBPES.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred (Degree can supplement for experience).
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills are a must.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: