Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Agile Scrum Master at our DC Metro office OR remote.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as an Agile ambassador, educating leadership and teams on ITIL and Agile/Scrum concepts, while supporting the transformation of the solution development methodology to Agile
- Drive Agile/Scrum practices, processes, and values across the teams.
- Follow ITIL framework throughout the lifecycle of work to ensure all areas of ITIL are recognized, addressed, and delivered.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Collaborate with Engineers and other project managers to ensure successful delivery for OIT’s clients.
- Participate in all phases of the Systems Development, from requirements analysis through design, implementation, debugging, and testing.
- Participate in and support client relationship management.
- Provide project reporting and summaries for management.
- Attend weekly status meetings with the Government Program Managers.
- Coordinate Program Management Review meetings every four (4) weeks with Government staff and Contractor management staff.
- Ensure use of USCIS OIT standard enterprise planning and tracking tools.
- Use continuous feedback–driven solutions and collaborative Agile transformational practices.
- Function as change agent to influence the adoption of Agile
- Manage, organize, direct, and coordinate planning, execution, and communication of activities
- Promote collaboration and learning, empowering teams to self-manage
- Review team performance and deliverable quality
- Generate reports and summaries for team member management and customer feedback and continual improvement
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Follow ITIL framework throughout the lifecycle of work to ensure all areas of ITIL are recognized, addressed, and delivered
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Collaborate with Engineers/other Project Managers to ensure successful delivery for OIT’s clients
- Participate in all phases of the solution development: from requirements analysis through design, implementation, and testing
- Provide client relationship management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred. 2-5 years of experience.
- Experience leading Information Technology (IT) projects
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
- Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Project, JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with ITIL, DevSecOps and Agile concepts
- Familiar with tools including: ServiceNow, GitHub
- Experience with DevSecOps and Agile concepts
- Experience supporting Government contracts
- Experience with major cloud providers preferred.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability
- Current DHS EOD highly preferred
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.