SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator (SA). The Senior SA will part of a 6-7 member staff of senior administrators. Someone with solid supervisory skills to help guide and prioritize team tasking as well as be a contributor. The SA will be responsible for managing all facets of a customer network that includes all components of a mature operational network, including networking (switches, cabling, network planning), a large inventory of VMware ESXi blade servers, EMC and HP storage (~1PB), Windows and Linux servers and workstations, AWS Cloud technologies, a VOIP network, and a VTC network that connects organizations across international boundaries.
The SA will be the primary SME for specific technical components of the infrastructure, including the international CISCO VOIP network, Polycom VTC network, Windows Active Directory network, including provisioning servers, managing a WSUS solution, an MS Exchange network, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation. The SA will also
be the primary SME in charge of managing the network connections to our OCONUS and CONUS partners to facilitate partner collaboration.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with virtualized environments (VMware vCenter 5.5, 6.0/6.7, to include ESXi and distributed switches).
- Knowledge of provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
- Provide limited support for IT asset management and property control processes in managing inventories of workstations, monitors, and other related IT infrastructure through the customers control systems.
- Configuration and O&M of Red Hat 6/7 and Linux-based applications.
- O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, Google Earth, and audit solutions.
- Working with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
- Working in configuring network switches, working with VLANs, and knowledge of routing protocols.
- Working with the security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs.
- Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
- Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
- Occasional travel may be required (up to 10%).
- Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
- in-depth understanding of both Linux and Cloud technologies. Specifically with the following:
• Deploying VPVs, configuring and managing AWS services
• Familiarity with C2S is desired
• Able to build and deploy cloud formation templates
• In-depth understanding of JSON and scripting in the cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent, and 9 years of experience.
- Knowledgable of MS Windows Server 2012/2008 (focus on Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Working knowledge with MS Exchange 2010 and 2013
- Working experience with VMware management
- Experience with storage engineer/administrator (3PAR, NetApp, etc.)
- Experience with SAN switches (Cisco family, Nexus 5k, etc.)
- Familiarity with security hardening process as it relates to ICD 503.