SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Software Engineer with experience in Agile Development frameworks to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
SAIC provides software development, operations, and management support for complex, mission essential Department of Homeland Security applications that protect our nation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Management or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Applicable advanced certifications and education and specific skills can be substituted for Bachelor's degree or years of experience
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Department of Homeland Security Public Trust Clearance
- U.S. citizenship is required due to clearance requirements
- 5+ years of Java experience, including frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and JSF including REST API creation with JSON and XML
- 5+ years web application development using servlet containers such as Tomcat and Jetty
- 3+ years developing with SQL databases (primarily Oracle)
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology and be able to work collaboratively in a remote-work team environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential
- Business Analytics Software (e.g., Cognos, PowerBI)
- Event driven architecture development
- Advanced data visualization tools
- Rules engines
- UI/UX experience
- Familiarity with Docker and other operating-system-level virtualization (containerization) programs
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.