SAIC has an opening for Site Technical Services Task Lead position available in Cookeville, TN supporting the Department of Defense (DoD).
SAIC is currently supporting the DoD program level systems engineering and operating maintenance activities and requires a qualified dynamic person to perform planning, engineering, prioritization, coordination and project scheduling, and system assurance activities. This program level support is required across all areas of the organization.
Site Technical Services Task Lead will lead a team of system administrators and infrastructure technologists to successfully deliver significant infrastructure change in a large-scale enterprise environment. This position requires the use of collaborative leadership skills to influence others, with or without direct authority, and to unite groups with diverse perspectives in order to bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- Facilitate and track adherence to Statements of Work
- Concurrently manage the infrastructure build-out on multiple change initiatives
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting interim deadlines of project
- Mentor new hires through on boarding process and assists with project management tools, templates and processes.
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, such as Network Engineers, PBX Engineers, Deployment Technicians, Systems administrators, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
- Builds trust through direct, timely communication and by delivering on goals and expectations.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and resource cost estimates
- Monitor and report progress of projects against initial expectations and communicate variance between the plan and actual results
- Participate and drive Project management best practices and supports collaborative communication with IT functional teams.
- Participate in the creation and evolution of tools and templates to optimize organizational efficiencies.
- Complete assigned projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Manage project risks and issues
- Delegate, integrate activities, and resolve conflicts
- Develops schedule and facilitates meetings to discuss tasks and ensure adherence to timeline.
- Utilizes project planning tools to organize and manage tasks, delegate responsibilities and establish deadlines.
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Concisely documents activities throughout project and evaluates effectiveness of actions during and after implementation.
- Manage compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures and process leanings.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with excellent written/verbal communication skills, able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate will have an eye for detail, and a systematic working style with the ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organizational structure. Must be self-confident with strength in leading people.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 14+ years of experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
- IAT Level 2 Certification (Security +)
- 7 years or more experience of Infrastructure Project Management experience at a Fortune 1500 company or organization of equivalent size and complexity including management of environment builds, enhancements, and technology upgrades
- Must be familiar with infrastructure technologies including telecomm, networking, Server/Storage technologies, virtualization technologies, IT Security, etc.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience with formal writing and preparing and presenting formal briefs
DESIRED SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS