Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Technical Exploitation Support Services team is critical in supporting DoD, Federal, and IC partners’ Global War on Terrorism efforts by providing state of the art technical exploitation and collection capabilities in digital media exploitation triage and automation, advanced technical Media Exploitation (MEDEX), and advanced Mobile Device Exploitation. Activities include digital forensics activities, software reverse engineering, hardware exploitation, parser development, reverse engineering, mobile applications development and engineering, and technical exploitation (collection, transmission, prioritization translation, and analysis and dissemination of materials).
Currently, ManTech is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our infrastructure engineering support team in Bethesda, Maryland..
The position is for an engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with technologies and hardware, and is not afraid to work in a high-paced environment. This is a technology rich environment (Windows; Linux; Ubuntu; macOS), configuring computers, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to support technical staff and customers in the forensics domain.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Building physical and virtual (VMware) servers (Windows, Linux, Ubuntu)
• Providing support for desktops and servers for development, testing & production
• Implementing patches and configuration changes to address and resolve security vulnerabilities
• Conducting capacity analysis; developing reports for capacity management and bandwidth; and providing recommendations for devices and services
• Maintaining Active Directory organizational units, security groups and user accounts
• Analyzing network characteristics (e.g., traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput, latency, capacity, availability), troubleshooting problems, and recommending modification of network configurations
• Cabling, racking, and stacking equipment
• Interfacing with government and stakeholders to meet project and operational requirements
• Developing solutions to complex technical issues
• Familiarity with containerization platforms, such as Docker
• Analyzing existing requirements and preparing specifications for hardware acquisitions
• Preparing engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
• Developing hardware installation schedules
• Preparing drawings to document configuration changes at a site
• Preparing site installation and test reports
• Training site personnel in proper use of hardware
• Coordinating with Warehouse Manager for inventory, hardware orders, equipment movement, and shipping needs
• Bachelor’s in a computer technology-related field or equivalent experience and 4 or more years’ experience, or a high school diploma/GED with 8-10 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of three years specialized hardware/system engineering and systems admin experience
• Experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and LDAP networking concepts
• Experience with the Jira ticketing system
• Performing deployment, installation, training, and support of new Windows based computer systems
• Able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
• Microsoft Certification
• CompTIA Linux+
• IAT Level II, III Certification 8570 Compliant Cert
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance and possess a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph or obtain a CI Polygraph by the start of employment.
• Worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
• Worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout to be heard above the ambient noise level.
• Worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on ladders, exposure to heat and cold conditions (server rooms and telco closets).
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Position oneself to move objects from a lower to a higher location or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position (computer equipment such as PC, Servers, Routers, Printers and Digital Senders). This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
• Move and traverse a cart or dolly using upper extremities to exert force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Travel to install sites and perform deployment activities to include, site surveys, install hardware, install software, remove hardware, check hardware for shipment etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.