Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Engineer to join our team in Columbia, MD,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 14 years of relevant experience. At least 4 years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience as a java software engineer.
- Software development/engineering experience must include requirements analysis/design, software implementation, installation, integration, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Experience developing on the Linux operating system and MS Windows.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Must be willing to TDY to OCONUS locations.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations.
- Working With Data.
- Move about freely in a laboratory setting.
- Repetitive Motions.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.